These resources have additional information and support for patients and families seeking treatment for eating disorders.
- American Psychiatric Association Practice - Treating Eating Disorders: A Quick Reference Guide
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders provides FREE advocacy and advice to anyone seeking help. ANAD will discuss insurance discrimination issues with individuals, families, attorneys, etc. and suggest strategies for managing denial of services.
- National Eating Disorders Association sponsors outreach programs, treatment referrals, advocacy, and informational literature. Their website has excellent information for patients and families, including information for dealing with denial of care.
- www.EatingDisordersCoalition.org is a coalition to effect policy changes which will improve access to care and funding for eating disorders at the federal level.
- The Academy for Eating Disorders is a professional organization with a membership directory of eating disorders specialists.
- The Anna Westin Foundation provides education and advocacy for the treatment of eating disorders.
- The National Mental Illness Screening Project sponsors an annual screening program for eating disorders.
- The Patient Advocate Foundation provides information and resources, including sample appeals letters and more.
- Kaiser Family Foundation - Survey of Patientsí External Review Rights